Welcome to the official website of the Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers (ATSA).
ATSA is an international, interdisciplinary, non-profit organization dedicated to making society safer by preventing sexual abuse. ATSA encourages sound research, effective practice, informed policy, and comprehensive prevention strategies, all designed to create safer communities.
- Represents 3,000 members from 20 countries.
- Has 25 chapters in the United States and one in the Netherlands.
- Sets practice standards and issues practice guidelines for individuals who treat adults and adolescents who have sexually offended or are at risk to offend.
- Produces a code of ethics for practitioners.
- Produces the highly ranked peer-reviewed journal, Sexual Abuse: A Journal of Research and Treatment.
- Contributes to the development of sound public policy and evidence-informed legislation through amicus briefs, legislative responses, and educational efforts.
- Provides continuing education classes taught by internationally known experts to help practitioners gain and maintain up-to-date training on evidence-based best practices.
- Hosts the world’s largest annual research and educational conference focused on issues related to the treatment and management of people who sexually offend.
We invite you to learn more about ATSA and the many ways we are working to end sexual abuse.