Therapist / Associate Therapist
New Beginnings Counseling Centers, Inc. - Chico, CA
New Beginnings is expanding services! In tough times, it takes tough people to continue to help others… and our teams are continuing to serve the North State with mental health services amid the crisis. Our clinical team of licensed therapists and registered associates are dedicated to helping our clients build healthy, lasting relationships by developing communication and life skills, processing difficult experiences and emotions, and fostering personal growth. We offer both long-term and short-term solution focused interventions to assist our clients’ individual needs.
We see clients who are struggling with relationships, families, parenting, mental illness, personality disorders, and who have problems with the legal system. We work in forensics, we work in trauma, and we work in substance abuse.
This is an exciting and challenging position that offers the opportunity for supported professional growth as well as clinical supervision for those counting hours toward the BBS. Our clinicians have the opportunity to further develop their skills in assessment, documentation, and treatment. As a member of our team, our clinicians work with both voluntary and mandated clients individually, in couples and families, and in groups.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- LMFT, LPCC or LCSW license required in the state of California, or registration with the BBS as an associate toward one of these licensure tracks.
- Must be able to conceptualize and implement individualized treatment goals for clients.
- The ability to work collaboratively as a member of a clinical team.
- Be a self-starter and self-motivated as well as detail-oriented.
- Be non-discriminatory against people who have committed crimes and are involved with the legal system.
- An ability to write clear and concise clinical notes and meet all documentation deadlines.
- Basic computer skills, as we use an electronic record system.
- Comfort with technology and distance-based management of patients (sessions are Tele-med / Tele-health)
- Honesty, integrity and good professional boundaries.
- Qualification/ability to provide clinical supervision for associates is a plus.
- A California Driver’s License and reliable transportation
You will also be required to pass a live-scan background check with the Department of Justice, and obtain a passed TB Test
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including, but not limited to:
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Plans
- Paid-Time Off
- Sick Days
- Flexible Schedules
- Competitive Compensation
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Vision Insurance
- 10 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus Pay
- Master's (Required)
- Chico, Marysville, Redding, Orland, Red Bluff, Auburn
- LMFT/LPCC/LCSW (Preferred)
- AMFT/APCC/ACSW (Required)
- 25% (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Submit to Christina Burke - firstname.lastname@example.org