Work with a purpose! Help those in our care make lifelong changes.
Backed by national accrediting organizations, Management & Training Corporation is proud to operate the Texas Civil Commitment Center (TCCC) located in Littlefield, Texas. At TCCC, our team of professionals are dedicated to improving the lives of those in our care by providing robust educational programming, clinical care and mental health resources.
Job title: Lead Sex Offender Treatment Provider
Facility name: Texas Civil Commitment Center
Location: Littlefield, TX
Pay: Starting at $1,538.46 per week (equivalent to $80,000 per year)
- $7,500 within first 180 days
- Possible relocation assistance up to $2,500
Work schedule: Full-time
Benefit package includes:
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance benefits
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Professional development assistance
- Opportunity for career advancement
Job responsibilities: The lead sex offender treatment provider is responsible for providing individual and group counseling specific to the Sex Offender Treatment Program (SOTP) in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Civil Commitment Office (TCCO) directives.
- Maintain core beliefs that people can change and have an inherent drive towards positive growth.
- Provides advanced administrative and supervisory work for the SOTP, which provides a full complement of individual and group treatment services to the clients residing at the facility.
- Oversee use of the Good Lives Model (GLM) and Risk-Needs-Responsivity Model (RNR) as underlying theoretical basis for sex offender treatment. Individual Treatment Plans will include goals and objectives, assessments, treatment progress and accomplishments.
- Manage initial and ongoing assessments using approved assessment tools to include STABLE, ACUTE, psychological tests, clinical interviews and other techniques designed to define treatment goals and strategies for clients. MTC will provide training regarding approved assessment tools.
- Identify and outline areas which warrant attention and outline measurable and understandable goals in order to help clients learn to reduce deviant behavior and manage risk.
- Ability to use operant conditioning, behavior management techniques, including the identification of target behaviors and the application of reinforcers and interventions.
- Understand current research on sex offender treatment and how it is applied. Understand and use techniques to increase motivation for change (e.g.-Motivational Interviewing). MTC will provide Motivational Interviewing training.
- Provide direct treatment services to include individual, group, and family counseling to clients and their families as needed.
- Review and integrate assessment information to write and monitor individualized treatment plans.
- Coordinate referral of clients to appropriate internal treatment groups and activities.
- Monitor and review ongoing treatment or other needs. Regularly evaluate client progress by completing monthly, biennial, and treatment progress reports.
- Maintain and monitor confidentiality of clients and their files; audit files to determine that all services provided are documented; observe applicable HIPAA laws.
- As required, maintain MTC data system and TCCO case management automated system.
- Coordinate with mental health contractor regarding continuity of care.
- Understand and comply with the rules of CSOT.
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings, treatment team meetings, case conferences, case presentations, staff development meetings and training activities.
- Testify in court and other hearings as needed; respond to all subpoenas.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Approve clinical schedule.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new and revised policies and procedures affecting treatment and programming.
- Maintain accountability of staff, clients and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
- Master's degree in counseling, social work, psychology, or related field from an accredited college or university required.
- Must be a Licensed Sex Offender Treatment Provider (LSOTP) as prescribed by the Council on Sex Offender Treatment pursuant to the requirement set forth in Texas Administrative Code, Title 22, Chapter 810.
- If an out-of-state candidate is selected, the candidate shall be eligible for a Texas mental health and LSOTP license.
- Clinical treatment experience with focus on group facilitation required.
- If currently a Texas resident, a valid driver license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record is required, unless waived by management. Out of state residents must be able to acquire a Texas driver license within 90 days of moving to the state of Texas.
- Upon hire, an applicant must successfully complete the required pre-service and annual training requirements.
- Must maintain TCCO security clearance and required licensure.
Why: Help individuals break the cycle. Join our team of treatment professionals and transform lives!
Apply today! Visit www.mtctrains.com/careers and choose facility: Texas Civil Commitment Center