PSYCHOLOGIST SPECIALIZING IN CHILD MALTREATMENT
The Department of Pediatrics at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) invites applications for a Psychologist position based in Little Rock on the campus of Arkansas Children’s hospital with the Family Treatment Program
- Position offers candidate a chance to step in to a leadership role with an established program that provides opportunity for both academic and clinical growth
- Current psychologists initiated provision and training for other professionals for trauma-focused therapy over 25 years ago (recognized as state and national experts)
- Specific focus on treatment of victims of child sexual abuse, sexual abuse within the family and youth who have offended on other youth
- Co-located in the Clark Center for Safe and Healthy Children with the child abuse medical clinic, children’s advocacy center for Pulaski county and UAMS Child and Adolescent Psychiatry program on the campus of AR Children’s Hospital
- The Clark Center was specifically designed to serve as a trauma-informed center for coordination of needed services for child maltreatment victims and their families
- Current clinical staff have many years of accumulated experience and have strong relationships with state child welfare staff and court personnel
- Strong funding through state contracts + support of ACH leadership/Foundation embracing the importance of recognizing and addressing adverse childhood experiences
- Strong and long-standing relationship with the University of Central Arkansas Psychology Doctoral Training Program and UALR School of Social Work for placement of practicum students/interns for year-long experiences
Please contact Dr. Karen Worley at (501) 364-3815 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information about the position.
Qualified applicants will have a Doctorate in Psychology as well as experience working with children and families. Additionally, candidates must pass a background check and be eligible for Psychology licensure to practice Psychology in Arkansas.
UAMS-Department of Pediatrics-Children at Risk-Family Treatment Program
UAMS Department of Pediatrics
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.