The Nunavik Regional Board of Health and Social Services (NRBHSS), incorporated under the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement (section 15) as well as the Act respecting health services and social services, covers the entire territory located north of the 55th parallel. Its mission is to adapt health and social services programs to the population’s needs and the region’s realities and to ensure efficient organization of the resources made available to the Nunavik region.
The regional board seeks to fill the following position:
Planning and Programming Officer, Family Violence and Sexual Abuse
Posting no. 2020-058-03
Under the Department of Planning and Programming and the supervision of the coordinator for programs destined for children, youths and families, and in close cooperation with the various partners—the two health centres and the community organizations—the officer shall design and set up, on a regional basis, programs and services for persons who are victims of conjugal or family violence and physical or sexual abuse.
The officer shall also be responsible for coordinating the various committees involved in these programs and services.
REQUIREMENTS AND PROFILE
- Bachelor’s degree in human sciences; however, a combination of relevant training and experience may be taken into consideration
- Sound knowledge of program evaluation, design and implantation
- Sound knowledge of best intervention practices in matters of family violence and sexual abuse, notably:
- Familiarity with the Nunavik health and social services network and community organizations
- Mobilizing leadership
- Spoken and written skills in at least two of the three languages in use in the region: Inuktitut, English and French
- Familiarity with the MS Office suite
Candidate who are beneficiaries of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement shall receive priority.
- Permanent, full-time position
- Position based in Kuujjuaq
- Salary according to the rules set forth by the MSSS (25.25$/h to 45.22$/h)
Northern benefits: retention premium ($6,000/year), isolation premium ($10,015/year), cost-of-living allowance ($3,085/year) and, if hired more than 50 km from Kuujjuaq, subsidized housing provided, moving and storage expenses reimbursed, annual personal trips from Kuujjuaq to point of hiring provided, etc.
Interested candidates should send their résumé, no later than February 23rd, 2020, at 5:00 p.m., care of:
Nunavik Regional Board of Health and Social Services
P.O. Box 900, Kuujjuaq, Québec J0M 1C0