FULL TIME THERAPIST – Edmonton and Area, AB
Registered Psychologist, Clinical Social Worker, Therapist or Counselor
MpowR provides supports to organizations and individuals in the Human Services Sector. As a non-profit charitable organization, we pride ourselves on a delivering our services with integrity and a high standard of quality. We provide third party administrative support, accounting, IT, human resources, as well as professional development, clinical services and property maintenance to empower organizations to run at peak efficiency.
MpowR is under contract to provide all Clinical Services to Unlimited Potential Community Services.
Position Overview: Under the direction of the Manager of Program Supports and Professional Development and working collaboratively with the treatment team, this position is responsible for the provision of clinical services for clients within multi-disciplinary programs, group programs as well as individualized sessions. Working both independently and as a member of a collaborative multidisciplinary team, you will provide evidence informed and best practices in crisis intervention, assessment, consultation, referral, case management and treatment. This position will be providing clinical services to the clients of Unlimited Potential Community Services.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Proven therapeutic experience and skills in clinical work with children, youth and adults who may have experienced trauma, loss and grief;
- Certified in play therapy, art therapy, family therapy or EMDR;
- Must have the skills in both individual counseling and group work;
- Experience in completing parenting, psychological assessments, and forensic evaluations (offence and risk) that supports the individuals served or for court;
- Will have the ability to interpret psychological testing including the evaluations of mental health, intelligence and neuropsychological functioning;
- The ability to provide oral and written testimony to the Court and/or Probation Officers if requested;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Excellent communication, report writing and organizational skills.
Qualifications/Experience: Registered Psychologist/Registered Clinical Social Worker/Master’s in Counselling with experience working with children, youth and adults who have experienced past trauma, and have involvement with Children Services and the courts.
Other Requirements: A current, clear Police Information Check, AB Intervention Record Check (within the last 6 months), current registration with professional body, current liability insurance, and professional references. Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Must be able and willing to reprioritize on short notice, be flexible and able to work with various personalities. Team work skills required. Time management skills required. The ability to meet deadlines is essential.
Salary & Benefits: Salary Range is $82,873.00 - $100,507.00 annually (salary commensurate with education and experience). We also provide full-time employees with a 100% employer paid health benefits package (which includes vision, dental and prescription drug coverage, massage therapy, etc.) a 100% employer paid RRSP equaling 3% of annual salary, and a flexible schedule. We also offer free courses and workshops in-house for all of our employees.
Closing Date: Open until suitable candidate found.
Our values are integrity, innovation, collaboration, empowerment, customer service and accountability. If you meet the entrance criteria, hold similar values and are looking to join a dynamic team that works hard to facilitate and support growth, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note: Currently our website is under construction, so website presence is limited.
MPOWR is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all cultures and backgrounds; all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.