IMPACT LIVING SERVICES
1454 Mexico Way NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Full Time Salaried CSOTP or CSOTP in training Therapist Needed!
Impact Living Services is seeking a Full Time Certified Sexual Offender Treatment Provider (CSOTP) who is also a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or a Licensed Mental Health Professional - Resident (LMHP-R) who desires to pursue their CSOTP certification. The CSOTP or CSOTP in training will provide individual, family, and group therapy to children and adolescents who have engaged in sexually problematic or harmful behavior as well as psychosexual evaluations. The CSOTP functions as part of the larger outpatient therapy team and will also provide therapy to clients without sexual behavior problems. The position will be based at Impact’s Roanoke site.
Programming for children with sexual behavior problems ages 4 to 12 years will provide structured evidence-informed individual, family, and group therapy within a short-term treatment model. The focus of therapy is on providing affect regulation and impulse control strategies with built-in attachment-focused activities to repair/strengthen parent-child relationships that may be strained prior to treatment.
The comprehensive program for sexually abusive youth will serve youth ages 12 to 17 years and provide structured, evidence-based individual, family, and group therapy; youth referred for full programming will likely be mandated by the court and on supervised probation. Therapy focuses on the identification of unmet needs associated with previous maladaptive behavior and the implementation of steps to lead to healthy fulfillment of primary needs in daily life.
Specialized therapy targeting sexual behavior problems will also be provided, including addressing pornography/technology-related issues and a lack of age-appropriate awareness of healthy sexuality/social skills.
Some evening work will be required with this position.
In addition to strong clinical skills, candidates would:
· Have experience in working with at-risk youth, including those involved in the juvenile justice system
· Deliver therapeutic services from a strengths-based approach, viewing clients as capable and resilient rather than victims or perpetrators
· Be able to set strong boundaries in treatment while maintaining positive rapport with youth and families
· Be comfortable with facilitating family therapy and group therapy
· Have excellent oral and written skills, with attentiveness to documentation deadlines
· Be willing to engage in regular collaboration and communication with community partners
· Work well in a team environment, including co-facilitation of therapy with other CSOTP therapists
Disclosure: Impact Living Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,500.00 - $60,000.00 per year
Benefits: ● 401(k)
● 401(k) matching
● Dental insurance
● Flexible schedule
● Health insurance
● Paid time off
● Professional development assistance
● Retirement plan
● Vision insurance Education:
● Master's (Preferred) Experience:
● Mental health counseling: 3+ years License/Certification:
● LPC, LCSW, LMHP-R
Company's Facebook page: