Company: Alternatives Counseling, Inc.
Position: Clinician Supervisor of Forensic Programs
Location: Glen Carbon, Illinois (part of the St. Louis Metro area)
About Alternatives Counseling, Inc.
Alternatives Counseling, Inc. is a small and growing private community counseling agency serving southern Illinois since 1991 with service locations in Glen Carbon and Alton. We are known for providing quality services and strive for a positive and friendly work environment. While we serve a range of mental health needs for our clients, we are best known for our programs relating to perpetrators and victims of interpersonal abuse.
Alternatives Counseling, Inc. staff recognize that sexual abuse and interpersonal violence are complex problems with significant consequences to individuals, families, and communities. We also understand that every client has value and strengths regardless of the nature of their presenting problems. We believe in the utilization of evidence-based approaches to best help our clients make positive changes in their lives as the path to improving both client and community well-being.
Role of Clinician Supervisor of Forensic Programs
This newly created position will oversee our Sexual Offender Treatment Program and our Partner Abuser Intervention Program. The Clinician Supervisor will participate in direct service delivery as well as providing program direction and supervision for program staff.
- Masters degree or higher in psychology, counseling, social work, or closely related field.
- Illinois license as LCSW, LCPC, LMFT, or Licensed Clinical Psychologist.
- Illinois license or license eligible as a Licensed Sex Offender Treatment Provider. (See requirements at https://www.idfpr.com/renewals/apply/Forms/LSOTP.pdf)
- Two or more years of experience providing sex offense specific, forensic, or correctional counseling services.
- Participate in direct service delivery of group and individual therapy and complete clinical documentation.
- Conduct evaluations and actuarial risk assessments, creating him written reports for referral sources.
- Provide supervision and mentoring to Masters and Bachelors level clinical staff.
- Review clinical staff documentation including risk assessments, diagnosis, and treatment plans for accuracy and clinical appropriateness.
- Liaison with probation/parole officers and other involved agencies.
- Maintain program compliance with relevant government regulations and third-party payer contractual requirements.
- Assist with personnel tasks including hiring, performance evaluations, and disciplinary actions.
- Report to Director on program status, problems, and progress.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate’s knowledge, experience, and skills will include:
- Familiarity with evidence-based sexual offender, domestic violence, and trauma-informed treatment approaches.
- Strong clinical skills and judgement.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Ability to work effectively as a team, with the motivation and self-discipline for working independently.
- Business level computer skills.
- Mature judgement and reliability.
The above information is to indicate the general nature and level of work expected him in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job parameters will continue to evolve over time based on program and agency needs.
Starting Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary in the 60s plus bonuses
- Three weeks annual PTO and paid holidays
- Subsidized employee health insurance, with supplemental dental, vision, and life insurance options
- Flexible scheduling, including option of a four-day condensed workweek and remote telehealth service delivery options during the pandemic
Please note that all employment is contingent upon successful criminal and child welfare background checks.
To apply, applicants should submit their resume/CV and cover letter highlighting interests and relevant qualifications to Donya L. Adkerson, Director of Alternatives Counseling Inc., at Donya@AChelps.org.