Sign-on bonus available!
Job Title: Clinical Director
Job Code: MH1201
EEO Job Class: 1.2
Census Code: 0350, Medical and Health Services Mananger
EEO Job Group: 1C, Mid-level Manangers
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Facility Administrator
Supervised: Clinical Staff as assigned
Date created: January 2014
Date updated: January 2020
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people – our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to “Always Do The Right Thing!”
The Clinical Director manages the treatment program for the Sexually Violent Predator program, overseeing the quality of services provided and ensuring compliance with applicable codes, rules, regulations and program procedures.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSING
- Doctoral Degree in Clinical or Counseling Psychology or related field
Knowledge of cognitive-behavioral treatment methods, sex offender treatment methods, and mental health theories, concepts and methods related to treatment in Sexually Violent Predators facilities, forensic or correctional settings.
Two (2) years of experience providing sex offender specific treatment or treatment in a correctional or forensic setting.
Management experience in a mental health, residential, or correctional facility.
Licensed or licensed-eligible as a Clinical Psychologist in the state of South Carolina.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the quality of services provided in the Clinical Department, including Comprehensive Treatment Services, Residential Management, Activity Therapy, Psychology, Vocation, Education, Spiritual Services, and Discharge Planning.
- Chair or participates in facility-wide committees such as Strategic Planning, Environment of Care, Performance Improvement, Accreditation and Compliance.
- Establish training agenda for Clinical and Residential Services team members.
- Lead a diverse staff in delivering empirically-supported, culturally competent treatment services.
- Participate in program development activities with Wellpath’s team of SVP Program Clinical Directors and Director of Sexually Violent Predator Clinical Programs.
- Comply with all laws, policies and procedures, rules and regulations formulated by the State of South Carolina Department of Mental Health (DMH).
- Ensure the employment, credentialing, utilization and maintenance of an appropriate number or trained, qualified staff to meet service delivery needs of the program.
- Ensure timely and appropriate training to assure the ability of treatment staff to implement the responsibilities and duties of their positions.
- Ensure participation in the Quality Management Program.
- Assures policies and program are compliant with the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities standards for Adult Residential programming.
- Serve as liaison with the company, the contracting client, and other outside agencies.
- Provide court testimony as needed.
- Complete on-call responsibilities as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport with a wide range of personalities.
- Ability to assign and coordinate work activities and monitor the performance of subordinates.
- Appreciation of the need for and ability to maintain appropriate personal boundaries in working with sexual offender populations.
- Ability to form and maintain good working relationships with a diverse staff and a commitment to enhancing cultural competency.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Effectively participate as part of the Leadership team at SC SVPTP.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Lead a diverse workforce.
- Participate in Strategic Planning initiatives.
- Ability to utilize principles of Continuous Performance Improvement to manage his/her department
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND CONDITIONS:
Works in a clean well-lit environment with fluctuating temperatures. Requires substantial periods of work utilizing a computer, monitor, keyboard, and mouse. Requires lifting and carrying equipment and supplies weighing up to 35 pounds; requires pushing and pulling equipment and supplies weighing up to 75 pounds; requires walking and standing; requires sitting; requires the ability to negotiate stairs; requires the ability to lift patients in and out of bed, wheelchair, and/or stretcher; requires the ability to reach or bend frequently; requires visual acuity and manual dexterity to operate equipment. Potential for exposure to blood and/or body substances and hazardous materials requiring observance of Standard Precautions and safe handling practices.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND TRAVEL:
This job primarily operates independently in a facility. This job is performed in a correctional facility, client site or counseling center including minimum, medium or maximum security levels. Employees are exposed to some level of risk and/or harm by inmates including exposure to blood borne pathogens. Employee is expected to work in accordance with all security rules and regulations to minimize the risk of danger and/or harm to themselves or other employees. This position may require travel depending on specific needs.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY:
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.
The Company is an EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Sign-on bonus available!