Clinician- Adolescent Service: Amazing Opportunity to live and work in New Zealand
Stop is an established non-government agency and a leader in the harmful sexual behaviour field in New Zealand. Stop provides specialist services for adults and adolescents who have engaged in harmful sexual behaviour and for children who have engaged in concerning sexualized behaviour, delivering services across the South Island. The position offers an exciting opportunity for professionals to engage in innovative best practice in a research led environment.
This role involves undertaking clinical assessments and delivering individual, family and group intervention for young people (under 18 years) who have engaged in harmful sexual behaviour. Our programmes are underpinned by trauma and attachment frameworks and incorporate a holistic approach which places critical focus on the importance of working with the young person in the context of their family and wider system.
Qualifications and experience
The successful candidates will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Master's degree in psychology, clinical social work, counselling, family therapy or closely related field.
- proven therapeutic experience and skills in clinical work with adolescents.
- experience in harmful sexual behavior with adolescents.
- an ability to work independently and as part of a team alongside statutory, social service and health agencies is crucial to the role
- experience of working with issues related to trauma and attachment is preferable
- excellent communication, report writing and organizational skills
Stop provides a very supportive professional work environment with competitive salaries and staff benefits that include:
- Free medical insurance
- 5 weeks annual leave, 10 additional statutory holidays and 10 days sick leave per annum
- A generous professional development package that is tailored to the individual’s skills
- High quality supervision
- All costs associated with visa applications, travel to NZ and a 3-week period of settlement in New Zealand will be paid for suitable applicants.
- Stop will support a suitable applicant to obtain an Essential Skills work visa to work in NZ. Stop has supported many overseas applicants and our current staff includes professionals from England, Wales, Holland, Germany and United States.
A position is available in Christchurch. Christchurch is NZ’s third largest city, located on the east coast of the South Island with beautiful beaches and access to the mountains (skiing, hiking, and climbing) within 1.5 hours.
Position description is available on request or from our website: https://www.stop.org.nz/
Applications will be processed as they are received.
For more information contact Maureen Lorimer, Clinical Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org