Awards and Grants
Data Sharing Service for Clinicians and Researchers.
This service promotes collaborations between ATSA members with clinical data and those with the time, interest and ability to transform data into useful knowledge. To view this service, ATSA members may login here.
Research Access to ATSA Membership Lists and LISTSERV
ATSA members and non-members can request to use the ATSA membership lists to recruit participants for research purposes. Requests should be directed to the Executive Director (Maia Christopher email@example.com) and include the following information:
- 1) Research questions and summary of the supporting literature;
- 2) Detailed data collection method and accompanying instruments;
- 3) Copy of consent form and details about procedure to obtain informed consent from the participants,
Certification of approval by a bono fide Institutional Review Board (IRB),
- The ATSA List-serve announcement proposed to recruit participants.
Requested are vetted by the Research Committee, who aim to provide their response within two weeks. The criteria used to vet requests are as follows:
- the topic is of interest and relevance to ATSA membership,
- the list-serve is an appropriate method of recruiting participants, and
- the project has been approved by a bono fide IRB.
Approved projects will be required to include the following paragraph in their recruitment announcement:
This study has been reviewed by the ATSA Research Committee who determined that it is of interest and relevance to ATSA membership, and that it has been approved by a recognized research ethics review board. Permission to use the ATSA list-serve to recruit participants does not imply that ATSA endorses or approves of the theory, hypotheses, or methods of this study.
Sexual Abuse: A Journal of Research and Treatment
This high-impact journal presents the latest research findings on sexual offending and sexual offenders. It is the official publication the Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers, and free to members. Both ATSA members and non-members are welcome to submit a manuscript for review.
Check out Robin Wilson's blog on http://sajrt.blogspot.com/.
Criminology and Criminal Justice Network
Join ATSA on crimspace, the criminology and criminal justice online academic community.