To nominate a candidate for the Gail Burns-Smith Award:
- Submit a biographical sketch/resume of the nominee.
- Describe the personal and professional qualities that the nominee brings to their work or efforts and how they exemplify Gail’s efforts to facilitate effective partnerships between advocates working on behalf of victims and survivors and those working in the area of sex offender management and treatment.
- Include at least two letters of support in addition to the nomination letter. At least one of the letters must come from an individual outside of the nominee’s work place (e.g. agency, organization, department, institution, practice).
- Nominations must be submitted to email@example.com by February 28, 2017.
Decision and Presentation
Nominations will be reviewed by the ATSA Awards Committee and by the NSVRC selection committee. Recommendations will be forwarded to the NSVRC and the Board of Directors of ATSA, who vote on the award. The recipient will be informed in July and the award will be presented at both the ATSA Annual Research and Treatment Conference in October and the National Sexual Assault Conference in September.
- Plaque/trophy recognition award.
- Conference fee waived at both ATSA and National Sexual Assault Conference.
- Travel and hotel to either the ATSA or the National Sexual Assault conference, recipient’s choice.
- ATSA membership fee waived for one year (Award winner must meet the criteria for ATSA membership)
- Tickets to ATSA’s Speaker Event and Next Generation Reception
**** Please note: Current Board Members and Employees of ATSA and/or PCAR/NSVRC are not eligible for this award.