New Path Youth and Family Services is an accredited children’s mental health centre providing a range of compassionate, innovative and accessible services for children, youth and their families throughout Simcoe County.
The following position is currently available for an enthusiastic and self motivated individual to work in our Barrie office. Youth & Family Therapist-New Directions – Part Time (20hrs per week)
The successful candidate will provide comprehensive assessments, and treatment of youth, who have sexually offended, and their families, that have been referred by Youth Justice.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assess the needs and risk level of youth who have sexually offended and the needs of their families, formulating treatment plans including goals and clinical strategies.
- Provide individual and family counselling for this population.
- Actively participate in the treatment planning process for clients including case management and initiating or attending case review meetings.
- Co-ordinate service with other service providers as required.
- Provide follow-up service to discharged clients as needed.
- Provide consultation to New Path staff and other agency personnel regarding sexual offending issues and related clinical interventions.
- Function as a supportive member of the program.
- M.S.W., or equivalent Master’s degree in Counselling from an accredited educational institute and be member in good standing of the College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or the College of Psychotherapists.
- A minimum of 3 years’ professional experience and familiarity with various individual and family therapy modalities.
- Experience providing assessment and treatment of youth and their families.
- Knowledge and experience of sexual abuse treatment.
- Experience working with youth who have sexually offended.
- Experience working with a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong conflict management and problem solving skills.
- Excellent understanding of family systems.
- Demonstrated aptitude in the use of software including word processing and data management programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to work flexible hours.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Fluency in French an asset.
- Model New Path’s core competencies as indicated on our website.
SALARY: $34,288.80 to $38,012.00 per year
If you possess the necessary qualifications, please submit your cover letter and resume quoting the file number, ND-06-18, by June 29, 2018 to: Human Resources, New Path Youth and Family Services, 165 Ferris Lane, Barrie, Ontario L4M 2Y1, Fax: 705-735-6826 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code New Path Youth & Family Services will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
New Path Youth & Family Services is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.