Position Title: Substance Abuse Counselor
Department: Wyoming Corrections
Location: Torrington, Wyoming
This is a full time, benefited position. Possible relocation package!!
Description: Person in this position will primarily be responsible for facilitating substance abuse groups. Will also facilitate psychoeducational groups and assist clinical staff with the delivery of telehealth services throughout the week.
- Two (2) years clinical experience working with substance abusers preferred; One (1) year TC experience preferred.
- Must be capable of obtaining and interpreting information regarding the client’s assessment of the client’s stage of change;
- Flexible scheduling, may include evening hours;
- Must possess or be willing to gain knowledge of sex offender treatment and personality dynamics of the sex offender including knowledge of cultural and criminal sub-cultures;
- Experience in developing schedules;
- Must possess excellent documentation and communication skills;
- Must have ability to obtain prison clearance; and
- CPR certification, First Aid Certification and an annual tuberculosis test.
- Licensed (or licensable) by the State of Wyoming as a clinical social worker, professional counselor, psychologist, or other related professional and meets the licensing requirements for Wyoming license, must have application on file within 30 days of hire.
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor degree, Master’s Degree preferred
- Current Certified Addictions Practitioner (CAP) certification; if not certified at hire, must have within 6 months of employment or Licensed (or licensable) by the State of Wyoming as a Licensed Addiction Therapist (LAT) - license must be on file within the first 30 days of hire
Application Submission: Submit letter of interest and resume to Tara Estrada at firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to (702) 534-4957.
WestCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment at WestCare is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug test, pre-employment physical and criminal background check.