The Alaska Department of Corrections is currently recruiting a part time contracted Sex Offender Treatment Provider in beautiful Fairbanks, Alaska. This contractor would work closely with the Department of Corrections to provide sex offender specific treatment for up to 20 individuals on probation/parole for a sexual conviction. The contractor would complete the following:
- Conduct thorough assessments of convicted sex offenders residing in the Fairbanks are to determine amenability and motivation for sex offender specific treatment;
- Conduct individual and group offense specific programing for sex offenders that addresses reducing offenders’ risk to re-offend in full compliance with the Department of Corrections Standards of Care;
- Assis in the development of offender safety-net teams working with appropriate DOC staff, CRC staff, as well as family and community members;
- In conjunction with contracted staff, conduct case staffings with probation officers and other pertinent DOC staff members;
- Maintain clients’ files in accordance with Alaska state law.
We are looking for an employee with the following desired strengths:
- Ability to work with convicted sexual offenders;
- Experience working in this field;
- Ability to work closely with other clinicians, probation/parole officers, and Court personnel;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to work well with difficult, resistant, and acting out clients.
For information on how to apply please contact Mr. Edward Webster: firstname.lastname@example.org