Join a team with a national reputation for excellence! The Minnesota Department of Corrections (DOC) is highly regarded nationwide and has provided a model for other corrections systems to follow. Our mission is to reduce recidivism by promoting offender change through proven strategies during safe and secure incarceration and effective community supervision. We offer great benefits, competitive pay, internal promotional opportunities, free parking, generous leave time, and workout facilities at most locations.
TO VIEW THE COMPLETE JOB ANNOUNCEMENTS AND TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT https://www.mn.gov/careers/ AND REFERENCE THE JOB ID'S LISTED BELOW.
The DOC is seeking to fill a Full-Time, Permanent position at MCF-Oak Park Heights (See Job ID 14228 closes 07/18/2017).
Salary Range: $29.00 - $43.13/ hourly; $60,552 - $90,055/ annually, + comprehensive benefits
Days/Hours of Work: Day Shift / Monday - Friday
Job Duties: Under general direction, provides consultation and guidance to Behavioral Health services staff in the overall design, implementation, and evaluation of psychology-based treatment programs for a facility including the establishment of program standards and policies, coordination of research and the development of training programs and credentialing standards.
Education and Licensure:
- Completion of a Doctorate in Psychology or equivalent Doctorate.
- Current licensure in Minnesota as a Licensed Psychologist (LP). (Note: Applicants that have met the educational requirements for licensure may be considered for a provisional appointment until fully licensed.)
- Psychological evaluation methods sufficient to make assessments of offenders' mental, emotional, and behavioral status and to guide others in making assessments in complex cases involving multiple diagnoses.
- Psychological assessment/evaluation and treatment approaches sufficient to guide the efforts of clinical staff in the development of effective, individualized treatment plans and services.
- Psychological assessment/evaluation and treatment approaches specific to a forensic population.-Standards, policies, laws, and rules relating to the delivery of psychological services.
- Psychological and research methodology sufficient to guide other clinical and Corrections staff in locating informational resources and in interpreting research results.
- Complete comprehensive psychological evaluations, including the administration and interpretation of a variety of psychological tests.
- Work with other professionals, psychologists, facility department heads, program evaluation staff, and community providers sufficient to achieve and maintain a high level of integration of treatment programming.
- Analyze and interpret research and issue analysis sufficient to apply and guide other professionals in the application of improved treatment methods.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing so that the interests of offenders and the standards of the psychology profession are represented in all written documentation and in the facility's treatment policies and practices.
- Provide leadership and clinical direction to other mental health professionals, students, and non-clinical staff.
The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/s2x3q8zhbxgpbvhx