Are you or someone you know looking for an opportunity to make a difference as Psychologist 3 and contribute to a safer Minnesota? Please consider applying to the job opportunity listed below or sharing this announcement with a colleague.
This position assists in the assessment of incarcerated sex/predatory offenders to determine the most appropriate treatment recommendation and community notification risk level, and to write reports that help aid in the decision about the offenders to be forwarded to county attorneys for civil commitment consideration.
This position is located in the Minnesota Department of Corrections (DOC), Central Office in St. Paul. Travel is required approximately 10% of the time.
The minimum qualifications include:
Education and Licensure:
- Completion of a Doctorate in Psychology or equivalent Doctorate. (NOTE: Finalists for the position will be asked to provide a copy of their college transcript at the time of their interview.)
- Current licensure in Minnesota as a Licensed Psychologist (LP). (**NOTE: Applicants that have met the educational requirements for licensure may be considered for a provisional appointment until fully licensed.)
- Psychological evaluation, assessment, and testing methods sufficient to make assessments of offenders' mental, emotional, and behavioral status and to confer with others within the unit in making assessments in complex cases involving multiple diagnoses.
- Standards, policies, laws, and rules relating to the delivery of psychological services.
- Psychological and research methodology sufficient to guide other clinical and Corrections staff in locating informational resources and in interpreting research results.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing so that the interests of offenders and the standards of the psychology profession are represented in all written documentation.
- Complete comprehensive psychological evaluations, including the administration and interpretation of a variety of psychological tests.
To view the complete job announcement and to apply, please visit: http://www.mn.gov/careers and refer to Job ID #9289. The application deadline is November 30, 2016.
Salary Range/Benefits: $60,552 - $90,055 per year plus employer contribution towards insurance benefits.
Work Hours/Schedule: Full-time, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- Vacation leave
- Sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive insurance benefits (health, dental, life and optional insurance coverage and more)
- Eligibility for the General Employees Retirement Plan
- Free parking
For more benefits information, visit http://www.doc.state.mn.us/PAGES/index.php/employment-opportunities/benefits/
Contributing to a safer Minnesota
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/jdbst7j4j6