Recruiting Psychiatrists for St. Lawrence Psychiatric Center
The New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH) is recruiting psychiatrists for immediate career opportunities at an inpatient Sex Offender Treatment Program (SOTP) at St. Lawrence Psychiatric Center (SLPC). Psychiatrists are part of a mission-driven team who deliver state-of-the-art services in a modern, therapeutic setting. The SLPC SOTP team provides individualized treatment to reduce the risk of re-offense and facilitate successful community re-entry. Prior forensic expertise is preferred but not required for SOTP positions, and ongoing training and support are available during employment.
Psychiatrists at SLPC are supported by a network of clinical peers and academic experts from other OMH facilities across New York State. SLPC has a strong leadership team and is looking for Psychiatrists who will provide high-quality psychiatric services that promote OMH’s goal of hope and recovery in a public-sector healthcare environment.
SLPC is located in Ogdensburg, NY on the St. Lawrence River and is minutes from the Thousand Islands and Ottawa, Canada, which are popular resort and vacation areas. The Ogdensburg area along with its proximity to Lake Placid and the Adirondacks offers a variety of outdoor recreational activities including boating, fishing, skiing and snowmobiling for the outdoor enthusiast. The area is also known for its affordable housing, high-quality elementary and secondary schools, and nationally recognized private and State colleges.
If you are interested in joining the SLPC team and contribute to a workforce dedicated to improving the lives of others, we offer the following:
- Starting base salary: $227,099 - $283,154; dependent upon Board Eligibility/Certification and clinical experience
- Supplemental income of up to 50% of salary by volunteering to provide evening, night, and weekend coverage
- Loan repayment of up to $150,000
- Defined-benefit and deferred-compensation retirement plans
- Academic affiliations with several prestigious institutions
- OMH sponsored Continuing Medical Education (CME) Program
- First time Certification and Licensure Exam Fee reimbursement
- Defense and Indemnification protection – broader in scope than typical medical malpractice coverage
- Generous paid time off including holidays, vacation, sick and personal leave
- Medical, Dental, and vision insurance options with competitive employee contribution rates
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- On-campus housing and reimbursement of relocation may be available
OMH operates the largest and most comprehensive state mental health system in the country, with 22 hospitals, 90 clinics, two world-class research institutes, and community services. OMH hospitals are all Joint Commission accredited and recognized as among the best psychiatric hospital systems in the United States. Treatment is comprehensive, recovery-oriented, and evidence-based. All services are built on principles of effective, measurable, and accountable care.
Interested candidates must have a valid license to practice medicine in New York State, completion of an accredited training program in general psychiatry acceptable by the American Board of Psychiatry (ABPN) for entrance into its examination or board certification in general psychiatry by the ABPN, and eligible for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs.
Additional information, including required minimum qualifications can be found at: https://www.statejobsny.com/public/vacancyDetailsView.cfm?id=46482
Forward CVs to email@example.com
Please include “SLPC Psychiatrists” in the subject line.
Or mail to:
Office of Mental Health
Attn: SLPC Psychiatrists
Facility Personnel Services – 7th Floor
44 Holland Avenue
Albany, NY 12229
OMH is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.