The HOPE Program is seeking qualified clinicians (MFT, LCSW or Ph.D/Psy.D) for full-time employment in our sex offender treatment program. We are hiring in the Bay Area, San Diego, Vista, and Bakersfield. See our website for more information: www.hopeprogram.biz. We have both clinical and managerial positions available.
The HOPE Program offers a wide range of forensic evaluations and treatment for sexual offenders in the Bay Area, Central and Southern California. Our individualized approach combines the latest research and treatment models with cognitive behavioral therapy to effectively assist individuals, couples, and families coping with emotional, behavioral, or psychological challenges.
The HOPE Program offers a competitive compensation package including health care, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays. We offer extensive training and ongoing consultation and support for all staff and students enrolled in our training program.
Forensic Psychotherapist Position Description:
The primary role of the forensic clinician is to conduct forensic evaluations, facilitate group and individual sex offender specific treatment. Candidates must have experience and be passionate about working with the forensic population in a multidisciplinary team setting. The primary responsibilities include providing assessments, psychotherapy, case management recommendations and overseeing assigned clinical caseload. All staff members at HOPE participate in staff meetings and professional development – both receiving and providing trainings. In addition, responsibilities include the following:
- Comprehensive case management (consultation with referring agencies)
- Accurate and timely record-keeping (e.g. session notes)
- Conducting diagnostic evaluations,
- Preparing written reports, and
- Developing treatment plans
- Managerial responsibilities such as providing supervision to Practicum students
The right candidate must have demonstrated competence in working directly with clients and posses working knowledge of individual and group experience. Clinical experience with a forensic population is required.
- Full time position requires experience working with sexual offenders
- Must adhere to California Sex Offender Management Board - State Certification Requirements (CASOMB)
- Must adhere to board licensing standards and requirements
- Clear background check
The right candidate must meet the following requirements in order to apply.
- 2 – 3 years of relevant clinical experience; minimum of one year of forensic assessment and treatment
- Master’s Degree or higher
- California State Licensed or license eligible
- Experience providing Treatment to adults and/or juveniles who have a history of sexually abusive, DV or Substance Abuse behaviors
- Bilingual a plus
- CCOSO or ATSA membership preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of the therapeutic process and commitment to helping the clients achieve their treatment goals
- Dedication to preventing further sexual victimization and ability to address difficult issues with a challenging population
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage difficult client discussions
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with peers, supervisors, and outside agencies
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting
- Proven track record of reliability and consistency of high performance
- Strong desire to learn and grow professionally
- Exhibits an exemplary work ethic by being highly organized, detailed, and thorough
- Current Certification by the California Sex Offender Management Board (CASOMB) or meet the requirements for Certification (www.CASOMB.org)
Candidates with experience in assessment and treatment of sexual offenders and who are CASOMB certified will be given priority.
For consideration, send a cover letter explaining your experience and how you meet the qualifications listed above. Include your salary requirements, date of availability and resume with three references, one reference from current supervisor/employer. Please send your information directly to the Executive Director, Shannon Smith at: email@example.com.