Position Title: Peer Support Specialist
Department: Wyoming Corrections
Location: Torrington, Wyoming
This is a full time, benefited position. Possible relocation package!!
Description: Person in this position will primarily be responsible for facilitating transitions groups. Will also facilitate psychoeducational groups and assist clinical staff with the delivery of telehealth services throughout the week. Person in this position will travel between three prisons (Torrington, New Castle, and Lusk).
- Must have behavioral health lived experiences
- Former participant in a substance use disorder or sex offender treatment program and demonstrated long-term stable recovery (may not be employed at the same institution you were confined in within the past five years, cannot currently be on supervised/unsupervised probation/parole).
- Therapeutic Community experience desired
- Certified as a Wyoming Peer Support Specialist – can be obtained within the first six months of employment
- Current driver’s license and good driving record
- Must possess or be willing to gain knowledge of sex offender treatment and personality dynamics of the sex offender including knowledge of cultural and criminal sub-cultures;
- Excellent documentation and communication skills preferred;
- Must have ability to obtain prison clearance; and
- CPR certification, First Aid Certification and an annual tuberculosis test.
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent.
Application Submission: Submit letter of interest and resume to Tara Estrada at email@example.com or via fax to (702) 534-4957.
WestCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment at WestCare is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug test, pre-employment physical and criminal background check.