Health & Rehabilitation Services is currently recruiting for a full-time Mental Health Clinician III position at the Lemon Creek Correctional Complex for the Sex Offender Treatment Program in Juneau, Alaska. This position is responsible for the sex offender treatment program at the Lemon Creek Correctional Complex located in Juneau, Alaska. Under limited supervision the incumbent will:
- Conduct thorough assessments of convicted sex offenders housed at LCCC to determine amenability and motivation for sex offender specific treatment;
- Conduct individual and group offense specific programming for sex offenders that addresses reducing offenders' risk to re-offend in full compliance with the Department of Corrections Standards of Care;
- Supervise contracted staff working in the program;
- Identify and provide treatment referrals for offenders with co-existing medical, pharmacological, mental, substance abuse and/or domestic violence issues;
- Assist in the development of offender safety-net teams working with appropriate DOC staff, CRC staff, as well as family and community members;
- In conjunction with contracted staff, conduct case staffings with probation officers and other pertinent DOC staff members;
- Maintain clients' files in accordance with Alaska state law.
We are looking for an employee with the following desired strengths:
- Ability to work with convicted sexual offenders;
- Experience working in a therapeutic field;
- Ability to work closely with other clinicians, probation/parole officers, and Court personnel;
- Ability to work independently; and
- Ability to work well with difficult, resistant, and acting out clients.
For more information or to apply please contact:
Phone: (907) 269-7416