Health & Rehabilitation Services is currently recruiting for a full-time Mental Health Clinician II position at the Lemon Creek Correctional Complex for the Sex Offender Treatment Program in Juneau, Alaska.
This position provides direct services to offenders at the Lemon Creek Correctional Complex located in Juneau, Alaska. Under general supervision the incumbent will:
- Conduct thorough assessments of convicted sex offenders housed at LCCC to determine amenability and motivation for sex offender specific treatment;
- Conduct individual and group offense specific programing for sex offenders that addresses reducing offenders' risk to re-offend in full compliance with the Department of Corrections Standards of Care;
- Identify and provide treatment referrals for offenders with co-existing medical, pharmacological, mental, substance abuse and/or domestic violence issues;
- Assist in the development of offender safety-net teams working with appropriate DOC staff, CRC staff, as well as family and community members;
- In conjunction with the clinical supervisor, conduct case staffings with probation officers and other pertinent DOC staff members; and
- Maintain clients' files in accordance with Alaska state law.
We are looking for an employee with the following desired strengths:
- Ability to work with convicted sexual offenders;
- Experience working in a therapeutic field;
- Ability to work closely with other clinicians, probation/parole officers, and Court personnel;
- Ability to work independently; and
- Ability to work well with difficult, resistant, and acting out clients.
Interested candidates should inquire with Edward Webster
Phone: (907) 269-7416