Mountain Valley Counseling is a growing, for-profit provider of behavioral health services with locations in Phoenix, Mesa, Avondale, Casa Grande and Tucson Arizona. We are a well-established in the Forensic community providing specialized treatment for court ordered individuals and private pay services with 30+ years’ experience.
Join Mountain Valley Counseling for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including participation in our 401(k) program with 3% company match. Generous PTO includes 1 week of vacation--accrual each month--at hire and increased accruals after 5 years of service! We currently offer 100% company-paid medical, dental, professional liability coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 7 paid holidays, 15 paid hours per year for CEUs, company cell phone, membership reimbursements for ATSA and AzATSA!
We are currently seeking Full- and Part-time Licensed Mental Health Therapists to join our team! Work hours vary from 8am-9pm M-S. Therapists are required to be on call on a rotation basis.
Our Therapist are responsible for providing timely, evidence-based clinical and non-clinical support services to adults and families, including screening, assessment, treatment planning, interdisciplinary collaboration of services coordination of care, and crisis intervention. All services are guided by both ACA and ATSA codes of Ethics and delivered according to guidelines set forth by Arizona Department of Health Services (OBHL).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and implements treatment plans, clinical assessment criteria and programmatic goals, objectives and activities.
- Performs intakes, psychosocial, and psychosexual assessments of clients.
- Conducts ongoing therapy with adults (in-group and individually as therapeutically indicated) within a Cognitive Behavioral Therapy framework.
- Conducts case consultations as needed.
Coordination of Care/Collaboration
- Performs as an integral part of an interdisciplinary team in delivery of above services.
- Educates other providers and Stakeholders regarding the program and services available as requested. Coordinates closely with clinical staff and staff from other providers.
- Provides community consultation and education to community agencies and other community human service professionals.
- Provides case consultations with other agencies and organizations.
- Serves as a resource to clinic staff in areas of specialization and attends case staffing.
- Attends and actively participates in in-service training sessions, related training opportunities as made available, staff meetings, and agency committees.
- Works with other professionals to plan, market and implement new programs.
Documentation & Productivity
Accurately and appropriately documents client services provided according to the approved clinical standard rules, regulations and procedures of the agency. Meets MVC productivity requirements.
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age, Master’s Degree in the Behavioral Health field (Psychology, Counseling, or Social Work) and Licensed at the Associate level by the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners (or Out-of-State Licensure equivalent but able to obtain AzBBHE license prior to start date).
- Mountain Valley Counseling Associates promotes the ATSA philosophy and therapists must meet the requirements for a Clinical Associate Membership of ATSA.
- Prior clinical experience (includes internships) working with the sex offender population.
- Familiarity with relevant research literature, clinical assessments, procedures and methods, particularly those designed for sexual offenders.
- Ability to assess treatment goals and write goal-directed, individualized treatment plans, as well as the ability to monitor and document individual behavior patterns and modify treatment plans to meet changing treatment goals.
- Required to be flexible as schedules and office locations may vary based upon needs of agency. Travel between offices may be required. Need to be available for rotation for on call scheduled which covers weekends and holidays as scheduled to provide on call crisis intervention coverage.
- Certification of CPR and First Aid Training.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by Arizona Department of Public Safety or eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire.
- Excellent listening and verbal communication skills.
- Good academic and working knowledge of DSM V, Psychotropic Medications, Crisis Intervention, Clinical Methods and Procedures, Intervention Techniques and ability to apply same to possibly unstable, treatment resistant adults of various ethnic cultures for co-occurring disorders (GMH/SA/SMI).
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred but not required.
Submit Resume or CV to:
Lesley Krickler, MSC LPC Director of Clinical Services
Mountain Valley Counseling Associates, Inc.
2400 W. Dunlap Ave. Suite 133, Phoenix, Az 85021