British Columbia’s Forensic Psychiatric Services is a multi-site health organization providing specialized community-based assessment and treatment services for adults with mental health disorders who are in conflict with the law, across all geographic areas in BC, including six regional clinics.
We are looking for forensic trained psychologists interested in conducting cognitive behavioral treatment of individuals subject to a court order on a contractual basis.
- Doctorate in Clinical Forensic Psychology, or closely related area, experience in a forensic mental health context
- Practicing clinical registration (good standing), with the College of Psychologists of British Columbia
- Clinical experience with assessment and treatment of adults in a Forensic Mental Health setting including risk assessment, cognitive behavioral therapy, trauma informed clinical interventions and treatment modalities
- Expertise in the use of risk assessment/risk management tools and the relationship to criminal behavior
- Experience with assessment and treatment of adult sex offenders (particularly group treatment) an asset
- Willingness to travel to urban and rural regions of BC and/or conduct aspects of service by secure video conference an asset
Responsibilities are on a contracted, as-needed basis.
Rate: $115 CDN/hr
Please click on the link below for more information and how to apply: