$105,862 - $151,505 annually
The Minnesota Sex Offender Program (MSOP) is seeking motivated candidates for the position of Executive Director. As one program with two locations and over 700 clients, MSOP provides comprehensive services to individuals who have been civilly committed as sexual psychopathic personalities or sexually dangerous persons. Led by seasoned and respected professionals, the treatment design integrates clinical, vocational, therapeutic recreation, education, and security throughout all phases of treatment toward the ultimate goal of successful reintegration. MSOP is committed to being a leader in the industry and implementing the latest research in all aspects of programming. Our employees take pride in knowing their work safeguards the public, while providing clients with opportunities to demonstrate meaningful change through participation in sex-offender-specific treatment.
- Provide executive management, strategic direction, and thought leadership for all MSOP civil commitment program functions.
- Provide operational management in the development and implementation of an integrated and comprehensive systems that delivers effective and cost-efficient medical, clinical, rehabilitative, and re-integration services for the sex offender client population residing in two secure treatment facilities.
- Serve as primary interface on related issues with State, Federal, and County government entities (e.g., legislative, judicial).
- Oversee the MSOP mission and priorities to maintain safe, secure, and humane conditions for staff and clients consistent with established laws, regulations, and professional practices and which maintain public safety.
The State of Minnesota offers an excellent employee benefits package, including low-cost medical and dental insurance with affordable dependent coverage, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, administration, business or related field;
- Experience providing executive leadership in a secured correctional and/or treatment setting;
- Knowledge of budgetary and fiscal practices including the process for acquiring legislative support for funding;
- Knowledge of diverse professional practices, legal and criminal justice practices, client rights, Federal and State governmental laws and regulations, and health care delivery systems sufficient to establish division direction and to protect the agency while ensuring public safety.
- Master’s degree in public health, administration, business or related field;
- Knowledge of MSOP policies, programs, and delivery mechanisms associated with services provided to clients.
Apply online by WEDNESDAY, JULY 13th at www.mn.gov/careers, search for job ID# 5792
(Note: state job classification is Department of Human Services Direct Care Executive Director)
HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE APPLICATION & WEBSITE?
Contact the helpdesk at 651-259-3637 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also visit http://www.mn.gov/mmb/careers/applicant-help.
If you have questions about this opportunity, please contact:
Our mission as an employer is to actively recruit, welcome and support a workforce, which is diverse and inclusive of people who are underrepresented in the development of state policies, programs and practices, so that we can support the success and growth of all people who call Minnesota home.