JOB OPPORUNITY WITH GREAT BENEFITS
PROGRAM WITH PROVEN EFFECTIVENESS IN A COLLABORATIVE ENVIRONMENT
Corrections Program Director – Behavioral Health
Job ID: 15481
Location: Minnesota Correctional Facility (MCF) - Lino Lakes
Closing Date: 09/15/17
Division/Unit: Health Services / Behavioral Health Services
Schedule: Monday - Friday / 7:45 am - 4:15 pm, occasional evening shift
Salary Range: $29.70 - $42.78 /hourly; $62,013 - $89,324 /annually
This position supervises behavioral health treatment services at the Minnesota Correctional Facility - Lino Lakes (MCF-LL) to ensure that offenders’ co-occurring behavioral health conditions are recognized and addressed through programming approaches that support integrated health services. This position has direct contact with offenders.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the provision of sex offender and chemical dependency treatment programming for the residents of the Sex Offender Treatment Program (SOTP) and MCF-LL.
- Assist in the development and implementation of program policies and supervise the implementation of institution policies, providing periodic reports as needed.
- Provide clinical monitoring and supervision of treatment staff, students and clerical staff, and report to the Administrative Supervisor.
- Act as the Program Director as assigned in the Director’s absence.
- Current Licensure in Minnesota as an independent clinical mental health professional (i.e., LICSW, LP, LPC, LPCC, LMFT). NOTE: Applicants with current licensure as an LPC must meet criteria to be defined as a “Mental Health Professional” as defined in Minnesota Statute 245.462, Subdivision 18, Section (7), and must have satisfied the requirements to provide clinical supervision to others in order to be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience working with clients on sex offender evaluation and/or treatment, which includes individual and group therapy. OR
- Minimum of 3 years of advanced professional-level experience working with clients undergoing sex offender evaluation and/or treatment, which includes individual and group therapy. OR
- Minimum of 5 years of professional-level experience working with clients undergoing sex offender evaluation and/or treatment, which includes individual and group therapy.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and/or supervisory ability.
- Demonstrated expertise in sex offender evaluation and/or treatment.
- Ability to provide clinical supervision.
*This position supervises a sex offender treatment program, and the selected candidate must be able to meet the criteria set forth in MN Rule 2965.0090, Subpart 4.
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience working with clients on sex offender issues.
- At least 3 years of advanced professional-level or higher experience working with clients on sex offender issues.
- Experience in treating co-occurring disorders.
- Doctorate degree in psychology or closely related field.
- Professional experience with a correctional population.
- Board-approved clinical supervisor and/or Licensed Psychologist.
Why Work For Us
Join a team with a national reputation for excellence! The Minnesota Department of Corrections (DOC) is highly regarded nationwide and has provided a model for other corrections systems to follow. Our mission is to reduce recidivism by promoting offender change through proven strategies during safe and secure incarceration and effective community supervision. We offer great benefits, competitive pay, internal promotional opportunities, free parking, generous leave time, and workout facilities at most locations.
The state of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
For a complete posting and additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers. Search for Job ID: 15481. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
If you have questions about the position, contact Jamie Bernhardt at email@example.com or 651/361-7623.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer.
We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate what assistance you need.