Clinician- Adult Service: Amazing Opportunity to live and work in New Zealand
Stop is an established non-government agency and a leader in the harmful sexual behaviour field in New Zealand. Stop provides specialist services for adults and adolescents who have engaged in harmful sexual behaviour and for children who have engaged in concerning sexualized behaviour, delivering services across the South Island. The position offers an exciting opportunity for professionals to engage in innovative best practice in a research led environment.
This role involves undertaking assessments and delivering intervention in an individual and group context with adults who have engaged in harmful sexual behavior. We provide services for individuals mandated by the courts to attend treatment as well as people who are voluntarily seeking help to make changes in their lives and have been referred by a community professional. We also provide programmes for individuals with an Intellectual Disability who have engaged in harmful sexual behavior.
Qualifications and experience
The successful candidates will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Master's degree in psychology, clinical social work, or closely related field.
- experience in assessment and treatment work with adults who have engaged in harmful sexual behavior.
- excellent communication, report writing and organizational skills.
- familiarity with commonly used tools to assess risk and protective factors
- an ability to work independently and as part of a team alongside statutory, social service and health agencies is crucial to the role
Stop provides a supportive professional work environment with competitive salaries and staff benefits that include:
- Free medical insurance
- 5 weeks annual leave, 10 additional statutory holidays and 10 days sick leave per annum
- A generous professional development package that is tailored to the individual’s skills
- High quality supervision
- All costs associated with visa applications, travel to NZ and a 3-week period of settlement in New Zealand will be paid for suitable applicants.
- Stop will support a suitable applicant to obtain an Essential Skills work visa to work in NZ. Stop has supported many overseas applicants and our current staff includes professionals from England, Wales, Holland, Germany and United States..
- Christchurch is NZ’s third largest city, located on the east coast of the South Island with beautiful beaches and access to the mountains (skiing, hiking, and climbing) within 1.5 hours.
- Dunedin is a smaller harbour and vibrant university city located 4.5 hours drive south of Christchurch, with easy access to the ocean, mountains and ski fields of Central Otago and wilderness areas.
Position description is available on request or from our website: https://www.stop.org.nz/
Applications will be processed as they are received.
For more information please contact Elizabeth Scott, Team leader: email@example.com