Salary Full Time – $50,000 – $75,000 annually
Salary Part Time – $25,000- $42,500 annually
In addition to a competitive salary, Steps For Change offers excellent employee benefits
Steps For Change (SFC), LLC, is seeking one Full Time or Part Time Clinical Therapist with experience providing therapeutic and case management services to adolescents with sexual offending behavior in the Minneapolis and Brooklyn Center area. SFC is a community-based program specializing in the assessment and treatment of 11 to 21 year-old youth who have engaged in sexually harmful behaviors.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Provide cognitive behavioral and psychodynamic therapies grounded in attachment theory, with a particular focus on the Good Lives Model (GLM) as a framework for growth
- Provide individual therapy to adolescents weekly and/or bi-weekly
- Facilitate family therapy with youth and their identified families
- Co-lead sex-specific treatment group(s)
- Facilitate a Dialectical Behavioral Therapy skills group for adolescents and their parents/guardians
- Deliver services to specialized populations (e.g., females, low functioning, youth under 12 years-old)
- Prepare comprehensive summary reports and submit written recommendations to the court; provide detailed testimony in juvenile court, as needed
- Work effectively with a team of therapists and collaborative with community partners
- Strong case management experience
- Complete mental health assessments (e.g., PHQ-9, BDI-II etc.) and make assessments of youths' mental, emotional, and behavioral status
- Complete psychosexual evaluations, as needed
Best Qualified Candidates must be at least 21 years of age and have:
- Master's degree or higher in psychology or social work, and/or a closely related field
- Licensed as either a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW), Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC), Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), or Licensed Psychologist (LP)
- A valid driver's license and reliable transportation, as it is expected that employee’s will work out of both the Minneapolis and Brooklyn Center offices
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and writing sample to the Executive Director, Janae Olson at Janae.Sullivan@stepsforchange.us.
Applications will be evaluated on an on-going basis and invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Job offer will be contingent on passing a drug test, criminal background check including fingerprinting, and driver's license check prior to employment.