Child Therapist/Counsellor- Children’s Services: Amazing Opportunity to live and work in New Zealand
Stop is an established non-government agency and a leader in the harmful sexual behaviour field in New Zealand. Stop provides specialist services for adults and adolescents who have engaged in harmful sexual behaviour and for children who have engaged in concerning sexualised behaviour, delivering services across the South Island. The position offers an exciting opportunity for professionals to engage in innovative best practice in a research led environment.
The role involves delivery of therapy with the child in the context of their family, supporting schools in managing sexualised behaviour and working with other community agencies involved to enhance child well-being. Our intervention is child and family centred, play based and the clinical model is underpinned by trauma and attachment frameworks.
Qualifications and experience
The successful candidates will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Masters degree in child psychotherapy, psychology, counselling, clinical social work, family therapy or equivalent
- be a passionate advocate for the safety and well being of children
- have proven therapeutic experience and skills in clinical work with children and families.
- experience in working alongside and supporting families in stressful situations
- ability to work closely with the child’s school and social systems
- have an understanding of trauma and attachment focused models of practice
- ability to work independently and in a team.
Stop provides a very supportive professional work environment with competitive salaries and staff benefits that include:
- Free medical insurance
- 5 weeks annual leave, 10 additional statutory holidays and 10 days sick leave per annum
- A generous professional development package that is tailored to the individual’s skills
- High quality supervision
- All costs associated with visa applications, travel to NZ and a 3-week period of settlement in New Zealand will be paid for suitable applicants.
- Stop will support a suitable applicant to obtain an Essential Skills work visa to work in NZ. Stop has supported many overseas applicants and our current staff includes professionals from England, Wales, Holland, Germany and United States.
- Christchurch is NZ’s third largest city, located on the east coast of the South Island with beautiful beaches and access to the mountains (skiing, hiking, and climbing) within 1.5 hours.
- Dunedin is a smaller harbour and vibrant university city located 4.5 hours drive south of Christchurch, with easy access to the ocean, mountains and ski fields of Central Otago and wilderness areas.
Position description is available on request or from our website: https://www.stop.org.nz/
Applications will be processed as they are received.
For more information contact Suzanne Alliston, Team leader: email@example.com