Assistant Facility Director
Take on a leadership role with an industry leader!
Are you looking for a career with new and exciting challenges? The Minnesota Sex Offender Program (MSOP) is seeking motivated candidates for the position of Assistant Director. MSOP provides comprehensive services to individuals who have been civilly committed as sexual psychopathic personalities or sexually dangerous persons. MSOP clients have the opportunity to acquire skills through active participation in group therapy and are provided opportunities to demonstrate meaningful change through participation in rehabilitative services including education, recreational activities and vocational work program assignments. MSOP staff observe and monitor clients in all aspects of their daily living. This is your opportunity to lead an enthusiastic, dedicated team!
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the MSOP Director in determining the direction and philosophy of the MN Sex Offender Program (MSOP) for civilly committed sex offenders in order to provide a safe, secure, and humane environment. The incumbent of this position will provide protection to the public and to promote work and/or programming for clients. The incumbent will also organize, manage, implement, coordinate, and direct the staff activities of the program in a manner that will maximize the attainment of facility goals. The activities of the MSOP include: specialized treatment, casework services, health/dental services, recreation, academic and vocational education, psychological services, living units, and security.
- Three years of managerial experience
- Five years of professional supervisory experience in a secure facility
- Three years of advanced professional experience managing projects with included setting and clarifying goals and objectives, managing budgets and allocation of resources, and setting priorities
In additional to the above, the ideal candidate will have:
- Considerable leadership skills and experience to successfully lead and manage the daily operations of the Minnesota Sex Offender Program; ensure the delivery of programming; provide input for division planning; generate a collaborative working environment that encourages innovative solutions to complex issues; create and communicate vision to achieve future goals to staff, clients, and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of fiscal management principles and procedures sufficient to oversee budget preparation and annual spending plans and to plan and monitor capital improvements and disbursements.
- Knowledge and experience of security measures, policy and procedures as they relate to client management, movement, physical plant constraints, and programming impacts.
- Knowledge of basic legal processes related to civil commitment, legal and criminal justice practices, client rights, and federal and state laws and regulations.
- Experience in tactical response, facility secure environment protocols, and security staffing deployment.
- Understanding, managing and controlling a secure environment in a treatment setting in a manner that continually improves the operations, requires a commitment, concern and proprietary interest in the clients, the employees, the physical plant, and the public.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills sufficient to accurately relay information to the staff, departmental representatives, the public, other state agencies, local law enforcement agencies and attorneys and other members of the court.
- Human relations and conflict-resolution skills sufficient to effectively solve problems in a manner that is sensitive to organizational structures, cultures, and the needs of groups and individuals; to elicit cooperation from staff and offenders to resolve difficult and potentially-dangerous situations; and to build consensus, establish collaborative relations, and facilitate groups.
- Ability to organize work areas and staff to ensure efficient and high quality service throughout the program.
The MSOP Campus is located in beautiful Northeastern Minnesota. The Moose Lake area is abundant in lakes, forests, and recreational activities. Just 40 minutes away, the city of Duluth offers museums, theaters, shopping, and fine dining – not to mention the shores of beautiful Lake Superior.
In addition to a competitive salary, the State of Minnesota offers excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
- Earn up to 29 paid vacation days per year
- Earn up to 13 sick days per year
- 11 paid holidays
- Relocation expense reimbursement available
- Time off for CEU’s
- Pension and retirement savings plan
- Pre-tax benefits
- Health care savings plan
- Ongoing educational opportunities
- Credit union membership available
Contact me! I am glad to answer any questions you may have about this or other career opportunities. Submit your resume and a cover letter in confidence to me by email, or contact me for more information at:
Pam Hughes, Recruitment Specialist
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR RESUME IS FRIDAY, AUGUST 31, 2012.
An Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly Employer