ATSA will present a Graduate Research Award to one successful applicant in 2017. The award winner will be selected from graduate level research completed with either sexual abusers or sexual abuse victims/survivors. The award winner will be selected by a panel of distinguished researchers who have produced some of the seminal work in this field. ATSA has developed this awards program with the intent of attracting research excellence to the assessment and treatment of individuals perpetrating or affected by sexual abuse. This year the panel will be chaired by Danielle Harris, Ph.D.
The researcher selected for the award will receive $1,000, plus reasonable expenses associated with transportation to and lodging at the ATSA Annual Conference on Research and Treatment. The recipient will be asked to provide a poster presentation at the ATSA conference. This year’s conference will be held in Kansas City, Missouri, October 25 – 28, 2017.
To submit your research for award consideration, e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) a cover letter containing a physical address, e-mail address, and telephone number where you can be reached through the end of August. Attach a copy of your vita and a copy of your research. The following additional guidelines apply:
- Research should be prepared in the format of a manuscript submitted for publication, strictly adhering to APA style. The research and manuscript must be of publishable quality.
- Research completed as a thesis or dissertation is eligible for award consideration, but must be submitted in the form of a manuscript for publication.
- Only completed investigations are eligible. Proposals, theoretical papers, book manuscripts, and projects with preliminary data analyses will not be considered.
- The author(s) of the manuscript must currently be enrolled in a graduate training program in a recognized health-care profession or have completed the graduate training pertaining to this submission since November, 2016.
- The author(s) must be willing to present the research at the Annual Research and Treatment Conference of the Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers. Reasonable costs for travel and lodging will be paid by ATSA.
- The author(s) are strongly encouraged to submit the manuscript for consideration for publication in ATSA’s official Journal, Sexual Abuse: A Journal of Research and Treatment.
- The author(s) cannot be a former recipient(s) of the ATSA Graduate Student Award.
- The length of submissions is limited to 40 pages, excluding references, tables, and figures.
- A copy of the manuscript should be submitted, including the principal investigator's vita, mailing address, telephone or fax number, and e-mail address.
The submission must be received by April 30, 2017, e-mail to email@example.com
Winners of the award will be selected at least one month prior to the annual conference so that preparation of a presentation to the conference, as well as travel arrangements can be completed.